Even though my Brown Vegan podcast has been around since the end of 2013, I've never had a true format for the show until recently.
Why? Lack of consistency.
It's hard to nail down a format when you show up to work whenever the hell you want it. This has been my struggle for the longest.
In one of the recent episodes, I played around with a format that I like a lot but it took forever to do.
Here's what the current format looks like...
- 20-30 second snippet from the interview portion of the episode
- Music playing for about 3 seconds
- Intro about what to expect in the episode (who the guest is and topics we discuss)
- Sponsored ad (if applicable)
- Interview with guest (30-50 minutes)
- 30-second pre-reordered outro with music
I'm really enjoying this format! It allows me to edit and get out an episode without overthinking the process.